This week the First Minister has announced that the Borders will move to Level 0 of the Covid-19 protection system, alongside the rest of Scotland, on Monday 19 July 2021.
This easing of restrictions means:
· Up to 8 people from 4 households will be able to meet in homes – and can stay overnight.
· 10 people from four households will be able to meet in an indoor public place such as a café, pub or restaurant.
· Outdoors in your garden or a public space up to 15 people from 15 households will be able to meet.
· Under 12s do not count towards the total number of people or households meeting outside but count towards the household numbers indoors.
· You will also not need to physically distance from family or friends in a private home.
· 200 people can attend weddings and funerals.
· Hospitality settings can open until midnight, if their current licence permits that.
· Employers are asked to continue to support home working where possible.
When you go out please remain vigilant and take the necessary precautions such as adhering to the socialising limits, wearing face coverings in enclosed spaces and avoid crowded places. If you can please take advantage of the good weather and meet others outdoors. If you are visiting loved ones in a private home, remember to wash your hands and keep rooms well ventilated by opening windows or doors to keep yourself and them safe.
Further information on the restrictions easing can be found here