Access to Commercial Road will change tomorrow (1st October) as part of the Hawick Flood Protection Scheme’s advanced works.
The advanced works so far has been focussed on a section of the road between the Sainsbury’s entrance and Laing Terrace, with access to all businesses from Albert Bridge end of Commercial Road. This section of work is now complete and the road will be re-opened at this location.
The advanced works will now move onto the section of Commercial Road between the Sainsbury’s entrance and Bath Street which will be required to close from Thursday 1 October to complete the utility diversions.
Commercial Road access arrangements from 1 October
· No change to the Commercial Road diversion route for A7 traffic, which continues along High Street for southbound traffic and Princes Street for northbound traffic
· No change for access to all Commercial Road businesses between Albert Bridge and Bath Street
· Bath Street will be made one-way from Commercial Road to the corner of the Old Baths/pedestrian entrance of Sainsbury’s. This is to allow Commercial Road traffic visiting businesses to safely leave the area. The remaining section of Bath Street will remain two-way.
· Access to Aldi and Sainsbury’s will be from the North Bridge/Leisure Centre roundabout end of Commercial Road. This section of road will be two-way.
· Access to all businesses on Commercial Road will be maintained.